Here's an e-mail I sent to one of my friends:
Yep, pretty crazy ride! I've played it over and over in my head, and finally feel at peace and realize sometimes people just have accidents. I wasn't speeding, well, 61 MPH, the pavement had been dry for miles and miles. I just hit a freak little rise and blind turn in the road where the wind had blown a few inches of snow/slush right after the rise, for about 20 yards. I hade taken it out of 4 wheel, but when I hit the slush it started to slide me into the on coming lane, because of the turn. I tried to correct the problem, but when I started to slide back wards, I knew we were in serious trouble. The front of wheels caught the dirt and sent us flying/flipping on our top, then rolled over again before we landed on the passenger side of the truck. Colton was typical Colton at this point and said,"That was a wild ride!" To which I replied, "yep, that was intense!" He asked if I was hurt and we started to go through the body parts and we realized we were perfectly OKAY! How could that be? We'd just been thrown/rolled in a heavy object for over 30 feet. There were a few things we have decided saved our lives...we were both wearing our seat belts. And that there was 2 feet of snow on the side of the road where we flipped. The State Trooper said there are about 4/5 accidents at this very point every year. Two months ago 2 people died people died because they weren't wearing their seat belts. The Tacoma's roof held firm for the most part, with just a concave of about 8 inches. All the windows were blown out or cracked terribly! It took us about 10 minutes to get the drivers side door open and pull ourselves out. I'm grateful Colton was there to climb out after I kicked the door open. That must of been a sight to see. Most of our possesions in the truck were strewn in about a 20 yard radius around the truck. I had bought clothes for my grandkids and there were baby socks, shoes, shirts, etc. all over the snow. At this point I think the only thing I've lost is one pair of socks and my truck. Now the fun part starts, figuring out how to get home, buy a new car, rent a car, or fly? Harvey is looking into having me buying a new Tacoma here in Utah.
Colton had his Wisdom Teeth removed this morning, the whole reason for the trip. We saved 1000-1500 dollars by having it done here, but now it looks like it will actually cost us thousands more. C'est la vie! That's what we're all here for.....to go through the trails of this life. You know, opposition in all things!
See ya next week....Maybe? Kay
I'm sure Colton will post the syrup on his blog when we get home.
Tuesday, January 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Road or Trial of Life, I'm not sure, but I'm pretty sure you weren't on a trail.
So glad you are all okay. I hate car accidents they cost so much money. And I'm not a fan of injury so much. I know weird.
Okay after reading how it happened...you two are very lucky and obviously had some divine intervention. I am happy to hear you are okay. LOVE YOU!
Post a Comment